Sunday, January 31, 2010

A new partition

My life seems to be made up of several partitions, that is, divisions of my mind and spirit depending on the time of year and my physical location. My previous blog focused on one of my partitions, my time in Japan, and because of it's specificity it lacked the ability to accept other aspects of my life. I am creating this blog with the hopes that it can catch some of the ideas that would otherwise fall through the cracks.

A will-o'-the-wisp is a good description of those ideas that light up my mind at night while I am laying in bed, then so easily extinguish from memory like they never existed. Please help to make this page a comfortable home for the will-o'-the-wisps so that they will want to come live here. And please feel free to release some of your own wisps here too if you feel inclined.

A will-o'-the-wisp (according to wikipedia at least) has a lot of connotations of leading people astray or being associated with the devil. Understandable because folk lore usually is about the devil. But I think we all need to be led off the beaten path from time to time in life. At least I know I do. So next time I see a ghost light in the mossy forest of my imagination, I am going to follow it and catch it and release it back onto this page. Enjoy.


"Will o´ the Wisp" by Leif Eriksson
Taken from elfwood.com

No comments:

Post a Comment