Monday, February 1, 2010

Mouse Wisp

Today I emerged victorious from a two month long battle of wits, patience, stealth and guts. The mouse was a very worthy adversary and gave me a run for my money more than once. But today, I knew it had to end. This mouse took a liking to my warm room, and it visited me frequently. So when I saw it scampering around my room today, I placed my humane mouse trap in my room with chocolate bait inside(already tried peanut butter), stuffed the bottom of my door with a jacket, and left to do some grocery shopping. To my horror, when I got back the trap was untouched. So I sealed off all possible forms of exit, and started tearing my room apart. She could hide now but not for long. I had see the mouse near by my desk, one of it's favorite spots and had been working on a theory for a couple of days now. My theory was that the mouse actually crawls into my computer while it is on, and that is how it hides from me and stays warm. Well tried looking to see if it was in there(one side of my computer is clear) but could see nothing. But I decided that if it was in there, I wouldn't want to miss such a great opportunity to catch it. So I stuffed some paper into the slot where I thought it entered from and continued clearing out the rest of my room to see if it was else where.

I found nothing so I determined that it was in fact inside my computer. I am skipping a lot of boring details here but what I ended up doing was putting my whole computer in a big plastic tub and taking off both of the sides and finally I saw it in there. I managed to quickly pull the computer out when it left for a moment and I took the whole tub to a park far far away. When I let it go it seemed terrified, but it is a nice park complete with a small stream and everything. I am pretty confident that she can take care of herself. After all she evaded me for so long. I suppose what I did today was the physical reflection of this blog.

With this, both real mouse and wisp mouse begin a new part of their existence in a new world.

No comments:

Post a Comment