Saturday, October 23, 2010

Communication Wisp

Ever felt like you can't really communicate with someone? There is nothing more intimate than being able to communicate with someone in more than one language. This doesn't have to a spoken language, it could be through music, dance, sports, academics etc. I just personally have experience with others languages, so I like this passage:

" You know, my dad's right; I don't like any Japanese and I dislike Japanese policemen the most. But still, I really like you." Kannani held Ryuuji's face between her two hands and seemed to look directly into his face:
'The Korean word tangshin means 'you.' Learn Korean, just like I can speak Japanese. then we'll be able to talk mixing both Korean and Japanese. We'll talk about what happened to us at school, what's going on all over the world, and lots of other stuff!'"
-Kannani by Yuasa Katsuei translated by Mark Driscoll page 53

やっぱり、コミュニケーションは大切

No comments:

Post a Comment